School Opening Times and Directions To Highfield
Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 begin school at 8:50am when the school bell rings.
Children in Key Stage 1 (years 1 and 2) finish at 3:20pm.
Children in Key Stage 2 (years 3,4,5 and 6) finish at 3:30pm.
Early Years Foundation Stage ( Nursery and Reception) open their doors for children at 8:45am.
Morning Nursery children finish at 11:50am
Reception children finish at 3:20pm
Afternoon Nursery starts at 12:30pm and ends at 3:30pm
Could we please remind everyone that unaccompanied children are not allowed in the school yard before 8:30am as there will not be a member of staff available to supervise them.
Highfield opens its doors on a Saturday morning between 9:00am and 11:00am. Music tuition, football and Children Centre activities are available at this time. We are open for approximately thirty five Saturday mornings per year.
Directions to Highfield from A19 North and South
- From A19 take exit onto A183 signed City Centre / Chester le Street
- Follow signs for City Centre
- Passing Sunderland Echo building on your left travel eastwards into City Centre along A183 for approximately 1 mile, crossing 3 roundabouts.
- At 4th roundabout turn left onto Holborn Road
- Continue along Holborn Road for half a mile
- Continue over roundabout with Red Robin pub on your left.
- 250 yards along Front Street and turn left onto Fordfield Road.
- The main entrance to the school is just on your right.
- when you enter the drive follow the road to the right and please feel free to use the staff car park.
- All visitors are required to sign in at reception.